Apr 25, 2022
On this episode we discuss 10 qualities of a smart
This episode comes from an e-mail that Chewy had on
his e-mail list. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but
the first 10 qualities that Chewy came up with.
Here is 1-10:
- Is motivated by their long-term goals, not
short-term gratification or feelings.
- Can focus on a particular technique for a
- Is willing to put themselves into uncomfortable
positions because they know growth doesn’t come from the
- Doesn’t avoid the tough rounds in the gym.
- Is smart enough to take rest days instead of trying
to push their already exhausted body to the limit since it leads to
subpar training at best, and injuries at
- Understands losing and failure is going to happen
and doesn’t let it create paralyzing fear or worry.
- Has a game plan of their style.
- Works to improve their diet and lifestyle just as
they improve their techniques.
- Takes part in physical conditioning to improve the
strength and ability of their body. Since BJJ is dictated by the
health and abilities of their body.
- Trains hard but doesn’t intentionally risk their
training partner's health.
Thanks to the podcast sponsors:
Charlotte's Web CBD.
Head over to https://bit.ly/38FnyUv and use
the promo code Chewjitsu20 to get 20% off of your total
Epic Roll BJJ.
Check out https://www.epicrollbjj.com and
use the promo code Chewjitsu to get 15% off of your total
Check out www.acorns.com/chewjitsu to
get a $20 bonus with a $5 investment. Remember to consider your
investment objectives before investing.
Check out podcast exclusives including conversations with
guests, Q&A sessions, and tons more at https://patreon.com/thechewjitsupodcast