Nov 20, 2023
Want the worst BJJ game at your gym? Well then join us on this
episode to get the 10 sure-fire ways to have an awful BJJ game.
- It’s no secret that consistency is important for skill
development, so if you want to be terrible at BJJ, then train as
inconsistently as possible.
- Strength training is an important part of decreasing injury
risk and improving your performance on the mats, so make sure to
avoid lifting weights.
- Your body is a machine that runs as well as you fuel it, so eat
a terrible diet of fast food and processed foods to make it run
- Sleep is crucial for recovery and performance, so make sure to
get some terrible sleep.
- Adjusting training intensity is important in skill development
and being a good training partner, so to be terrible, always train
as hard as possible.
- Instead of focusing on improving your weak areas in grappling
to be more well-rounded, just only play your “A-Game” and never
improve your BJJ skills.
- Having a great relationship with your coaches and training
partners is important to building community and being a part of a
great gym environment, so to be terrible, just brag about all of
the submissions you get on your training partners and essentially
be one of the training partners who “taps and talks.”
- Jiu-Jitsu requires endurance and a controlled pace, so make
sure to get as hyper as possible and drink lots of caffeine before
training so that way your heart will beat out of your chest and you
will need a rest round ASAP.
- Focused drilling will make your BJJ game improve significantly,
but if you want to be terrible, just don’t pay attention in class
and take plenty of breaks while thinking about other
- Hygiene is important to having a healthy gym and a good
training environment, so don’t wash your gear and never trim your
nails so that you can spread infections and mat funk.
We thought it would be fun to come up with some terrible ideas
and make the podcast more of an “opposite” episode. Make sure that
you continue to improve your game, take care of yourself, and your
training partners to keep training fun and to continue your growth
Thanks to the podcast sponsors:
Charlotte's Web CBD.
Head over to https://charlotteswebcbd.sjv.io/MmBA5J and
use the promo code Chewjitsu30 to get 30% off of your total
Epic Roll BJJ.
Check out https://www.epicrollbjj.com and
use the promo code Chewjitsu to get 15% off of your total
Check out https://www.manscaped.com/ and
use the promo code Chewjitsu20 to get 20% off and free
Check out podcast exclusives including conversations with
guests, Q&A sessions, and tons more at https://patreon.com/thechewjitsupodcast